Iospectra® Hawk Monitoring System
The Iospectra® Hawk is a wall- or tripod-mounted radiation monitoring & alarm system designed for use with the Iospectra® 1320-AO radiation probe (sold separately). The Hawk features two displays that show the radiation levels measured by each of the probe's two detectors: the “pancake-style” Geiger-Müeller tube — which measures alpha (if configured for it), beta, gamma, & x-radiation — and the energy-compensated gamma tube. The probe can be mounted nearby or set up in a location up to several thousand feet away, indoors or outdoors.
The Hawk is targeted for applications requiring continuous monitoring and alarm capability for radiation levels exceeding a user-defined maximum. Typical applications include HVAC building air intake monitoring, hospital environments, medical imaging facilities, scrap metal processing, scientific research facilities, building entry points, and warehouses. The system is designed to be low cost and serve as a “tripwire” to warn responsible personnel of potential hazard. As such, it does not provide isotope identification or extreme sensitivity. It can easily detect a small increase from the background radiation level within 30 seconds, and provide an indication if the source is purely gamma/x-ray, or whether it also contains beta and optionally alpha particles.
The Iospectra® Hawk can be used as an area monitor, environmental monitor, portal monitor, entrance monitor, building monitor, & perimeter monitor. It optionally can be used to shut down air intakes on a building with an external adapter that samples air from the air intakes.
· User settable ALERT functions provide audible and visual warnings within seconds after a change in radiation level. An optional output can control external devices when an alarm occurs.
· The attractive wall mount enclosure can blend into an office environment, but is suitable for industrial and security applications. A secured access panel controls all functions and is available with tamper resistant fasteners. Cables can be routed through the back wall, or through the bottom panel.
· Control Panel allows setting the alert level for each detector, power switch, mute alarm function, and access to interface cables.
· Displays: Two 4-digit liquid crystal displays including mode indicators, one indicates Counts Per Minute (CPM) from the (alpha) / beta / gamma / X-ray detector, the other indicates mR/hr from the energy compensated gamma /x-ray detector
· Averaging Periods: Display updates every 3 seconds, showing the average for the past 30-second time period at normal levels. The averaging period decreases as the radiation level increases, as fast as 3 seconds at high rates.
· Accuracy: ± 15% up to 50 mR/hr; ± 20% up to 100 mR/hr
· Anti-Saturation: Readout holds at full scale in fields up to 100 times the maximum reading
· Enclosure: Water resistant housing, tamper resistant with access panel for controls, optional tamper resistant fasteners (IP51 protection class)
· Power: AC wall-mount adapter standard, with battery backup. Greater than 1000 hours battery life with Lithium 9v battery. Low battery indicator.
· Grounding: Earth ground connection point provided for internal lightning suppression, all system signals relative to this ground point.
· Outputs: Detector pulses are available for external data logging or analysis. Alert indicator provides 12V output to activate relay for controlling external power devices, relay is optional. Can be used to activate security devices or cameras, close air intake or water valves, lock doors, and perform other functions.
· Adjustable audible range from +83 to +103dBa
· 2900Hz +/- 250Hz
· Waterproof transducer